Tuesday, September 1, 2015

My Visceral Response


I have decided to select this photo that left me stupefied in more ways than one.
This photo brings back memories I have which add to the effect of the picture for me. The picture I selected is a picture of a waterfall in Havasupai. This picture shows a vertical line on each side of the waterfall. As the water falls the eyes of those who see it can imagine the falling and kind of follow it down to where it becomes part of the pond.
Also in this picture you can see the amazing amount of color produced by the growth behind the water fall from the mist that waters the grasses growing up the side of the cliff. The form I pick up when I see this picture is actually the form the rock takes from the water as it rolls off the top of the cliff at the beginning of the water fall. Also very intriguing to me is the texture that you can see in the rock cliff because of the light from the sun. I noticed while there the texture changed (changed to your eye not really changed) depending on the time of day and the amount of direct light it received from the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment